Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 1.

Today (actually Saturday) We went to Kings Dominion. It was the first entire day I spent without Gavin and although I had a total blast watching the other 2 kids have fun I missed that little booger.


Anyway. The photo I decided for today is simple and not the best shot ever but it speaks volumes to me.

I am scared to death of the Carousel but I am so in love with them. When I was small (like so small I don't know what REALLY happened) I fell of or almost fell off a Merry-go-round. For my entire life I have had this nightmare where I fall into the center of the carousel I can hear the music and see the lights spinning but I roll under the floor of the carousel. Now, as I am older I physically cannot ride the thing because I get sick on anything that goes round and round. I have always been infatuated with them, the beauty, antiquity, the nostalgia of it all. It is a place where young and old can come together, everyone smiles at the carousel, everyone laughs at the carousel. Men ride with their children with no fear of ridicule, teenagers, elders, everyone rides the carousel.

No comments:

Post a Comment